Thursday, January 23, 2014

In which I dream my way into a starring role in a Community spin-off

Last night I dreamed I was a student at Greendale Community College (where the TV show Community is set) and I had to take a chemistry placement test.  The chemistry prof was a crotchety old man (who, in retrospect, bore a striking - but not perfect - resemblance to the criminology prof who's been introduced this season) and, during the placement test, he led me to believe I was nowhere near good enough to be in his class.

Towards the end of the dream, I was in the chemistry lab, and I mentioned to someone "I'm not going to be taking any classes in this room.  Well, probably not."  The crotchety prof, without letting his facade of crotchetiness drop an inch, said something like "Don't be so sure about that" and lifted the piece of paper he was holding so I could see I'd gotten an A- on the placement test.  (For those of you who don't watch it or aren't caught up, this season of Community has established that an A- is the grade professors give to students they don't like who have done work worthy of an A.) 

I gave the crotchety prof a knowing smile and said "I look forward to it," knowing in that instant that I was setting myself up for multiple seasons of respectful antagonism à la Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson.

Then I woke up.

It will be interesting to see if I ever dream my way back there for further adventures.

1 comment:

laura k said...

Your dreams amaze me.