Monday, November 11, 2013

Interesting Canadian place names

I was slightly surprised to see Thunder Bay in the list of Eddie Izzard's Canadian tour stops. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for the people of Thunder Bay that they get to see Eddie, but it is a bit of a "one of these things is not like the others" on the list of cities he's visiting.

So I was amused to see, in Eddie's interview in the Ottawa Citizen, “I’m excited to play Thunder Bay because I assume it’s an exciting place where Thunder happens.”

So here's a few more Canadian place names about which one could draw similar conclusion:
 Add your own in the comments!

1 comment:

laura k said...

I wish I knew more to add. I love place names. When we drove around Newfoundland - one of us usually staring at a map - we were forever calling out amazing place names.

Oh hey, that's another way I've become old-fashioned (re earlier post/comment). I don't use GPS and prefer paper maps.